We’re making 3D printing accessible to everyone!
See current openings at New Matter in Pasadena, California.
Software Engineer, Backend
You will be key in building of our next-generation product as we shift our architecture to better serve our users and gear up to handle increased scale. If you are an engineer with experience developing web/cloud-based backends, who works well with others, stands up for what you feel strongly about and can wear the many hats required at a startup, we’d like to meet you.
- Help develop requirements and specifications for our cloud platform with the principal engineers
- Write clean, well-documented Ruby and Go code
- Write robust unit tests
- Design and build micro services that can handle scale
- Implement security and data protection
- Track down and fix bugs
- Maintain and enhance our 3rd-party API
- Support data analytics
- Optimize our printer to backend (IoT) interface
- 5+ years experience developing large-scale web applications
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP networking fundamentals
- Understanding of Linux fundamentals and infrastructure
- Experience with AWS
- Expert knowledge of Ruby and Go
- Experience with Docker and emerging container technologies
- Experience with modeling and performance with SQL and NoSQL (couchbase) databases
- Experience with firmware / embedded systems
- Experience with 3d printing
- Experience with node / frontend and socket-based push messaging
- Meaningful equity
- Flexible schedule
- Unlimited PTO
- Great health benefits
Apply on Jobvite here.
Technical Customer Support Representative
Reporting to the Technical Customer Support Supervisor, the ideal candidate has a love of technology, a sense of adventure, enjoys communicating with people who need their help, and enjoys having the decision making freedom to create a memorable and positive experience for every customer.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Answer incoming phone calls, chats, e-mails, Tweets, and Facebook posts.
- Place outgoing calls as needed to follow up with customers’ support requests.
- Become a super user of the MOD-t 3D Printer so you can assist customers in resolving all types of questions about the unit and 3D printing in general.
- Deliver feedback to management to continually improve department policies, training, future product features, and work culture.
- Assist customers in placing orders of the MOD-t, accessories, and designs from our New Matter Store.
- Assist customers with faulty equipment and accessory returns/exchanges.
- Assist customers in connecting the MOD-t to their WiFi and resolving any other setup experience issues.
- Jump in on projects to help the marketing team, quality assurance team, and the engineering team
- Hold yourself to a high standard of excellence in a less restrictive customer service environment
- Accept and apply feedback from management towards the goal of constant improvement
What we are looking for:
- Team players who build great working relationships both internally and externally.
- Somebody who feels comfortable setting up their home wireless network, loves playing with new technology, has searched the internet to figure out how to get every drop of battery life from their smart phone, and absolutely positively feels comfortable working with learning new technology.
- Ability to use Excel, Word, and PowerPoint at beginner levels and has experience using any type of CRM. Comfort using a soft phone like Skype or Google Voice is also a plus.
- Somebody who makes friends with strangers quickly…like over the course of a 10 minute phone call.
- Flexibility! As we grow the hours of operation we have today will not be the hours of operation tomorrow. You have to be open to shift your schedule as we grow.
- A little craziness won’t hurt. If you can do some great (or terrible) impressions of famous people’s voices, that would be pretty rad.